Oatmeal cookies with white chocolate and dried cranberries are delicious, easy to make and perfect for breakfast.
If you are allergic to gluten, look for oats marked as “free from gluten”. Please note that about 1% of celiacs cannot tolerate oats (even gluten free ones), so be careful if you are not sure.
1 tsp vanilla extract
50 g dried cranberries
30 g white chocolate
70 g butter at room temperature
20 g sugar
25 g brown sugar
150 g gluten free oats
1 g ground cinnamon
1 g soda
A pinch of salt
1. Put 1 egg, dried cranberries (50 g) and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract into a clean mixing bowl. Mix and set aside.
2. Cut white chocolate (30 g) into medium sized chunks and keep refrigerated while working on dough.
3. Add gluten free oats (150 g) into a blender bowl. Pulse to grind oats for better texture.
4. Add cinnamon (1 g), soda (1 g) and a pinch of salt to oats and mix well.
5. Add brown sugar (25 g), white sugar (20 g) and butter (70 g) into a clean bowl and mix with a silicon spatula.
6. Add butter mix to egg and cranberries, mix well. Add oats and mix until combined. Then add white chocolate and carefully mix.
7. Preheat the oven to 170°C / 340°F. Layer a baking sheet with parchment paper.
8. Roll into balls using about 1 tablespoon of dough for each cookie. Then gently press with a fork.
9. Bake 15 minutes at 170°C / 340°F. When ready, take out of the oven and cool down.