I always loved butter cookies and this recipe is no exception. Tiny crunchy sweet cookies with gentle almond taste and intensive strawberry flavor are colorful and yummy.
I tried different gluten free flour mixes until I got this combination of corn, rice and soy flours. You can substitute the long list of dry ingredients for any all purpose gluten free flour mix, but results may vary.
30 g butter at room temperature
30 g coconut oil
40 g sugar
1 large egg
1 g baking powder
0.5 g xanthan gum
70 g rice flour
70 g cornflour
20 g soy flour
15 g cornstarch
(you can use 175 g of store bought gluten free all purpose flour mix instead)
50 g almond
100 g strawberries (defrosted or fresh)
100 g sugar
1. Place almonds (50 g) into a blender bowl. Turn the blender on high speed for several seconds.
2. Mix baking powder (1 g), xanthan gum (0.5 g), rice flour (70 g), cornflour (70 g), soy flour (20 g), cornstarch (15 g), ground almond (50 g) in a clean bowl.
3. Add soft butter (30 g), coconut oil (30 g), sugar (40 g) and egg to a mixer bowl. Mix with paddle attachment on low speed.
4. Turn off the mixer and add dry ingredients. Mix on low speed until combined.
5. Form dough into a ball, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 1 hour.
6. Preheat the oven to 160°C / 320°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
7. Cover wooden board with plastic wrap and add the dough. Cover with parchment paper and roll out the dough to 4-5 mm thickness.
8. Cut with cookie cutters and lay out cookies on the baking sheet.
9. Bake for 15 minutes at 160°C / 320°F.
1. Defrost and drain strawberries. Blend in a blender until smooth.
2. Strain the strawberry puree to get rid of seeds.
3. Add sugar (100 g) and mix well until combined. Wait until sugar is dissolved.
4. Cover cookies with strawberry glaze and let it dry out.