My go to rule for healthy eating is when you are craving something sweet, cook it yourself. This way you can control the quality and amount of ingredients. Not to mention all those times I was too lazy and didn’t eat sweets at all.
This recipe is quick and easy enough: just 5 simple ingredients and 15 minutes and you can enjoy delicious caramel sauce with a pinch of salt.
115 g heavy cream (33%)
2 g vanilla extract
100 g sugar
45 g water
1 g salt
1. Add vanilla extract (2 g) to cream (115 g) and mix well.
2. Combine sugar (100 g) and water (45 g) in a small saucepan, slightly mix with a wooden spoon. Bring sugar water to boil.
3. Reduce heat to medium low and boil until golden brown (about 10 minutes). Do not stir the caramel to prevent crystallization.
4. Turn off the heat, slowly pour cream into the caramel and whisk until incorporated.
5. Add salt (1 g) and mix well.
6. Cool down and transfer to a glass jar. Serve immediately or keep in the fridge for up to two weeks.